Well last week was music... this week is Scouts. You see we can only focus on one category at a time. I do think we could actually go crazy. No... what a fun week.
Danielle, & I with the help of Brother Wood built an amazing Scout Advancement Display. The boys loved it!! Now they and their families will really be able to see where their boy is and see him progress toward being an Eagle Scout.
The Court of Honor was so much fun with lots of awards, fun cheers, Encouragement for better training, Interaction with boys... talking about Duty to God and also Brett Slade giving his mentoring pin to Brother McBratney. Neat!! And we had the Koo Tree. This was a real treat as we listened to the boys and leaders recognize the service they see in others. One was a boy who put a glasses case on the tree symbolizing the kindness of his brother when he lost his new glasses. Another was Brother Perkins putting a "Slade Rock" on the tree recognizing the Slade family and their commitment to Scouting. John even put a Koo on the tree... His was a sacrament cup thanking the boys for their clean hands in offering all of us to Come Unto Christ thru the sacrament offering. Then top it off with Rootbeer floats... Can't beat that!
Then the next night off to Cub Scout Pack Meeting for Izaak. That was sooo much fun. We had gathering games, knock - knock jokes, really funny skits, a leaf blowing contest...Izaak almost won,awards and of coarse the famous early bird prize of "homemade brownies" Thanks to Nylene. Take a close look at the pictures above and you will see how good they were! The theme for this month was Trees so of course we had to eat dirt for desert...mmmmm...mmmmm. All in All a great moment and place to be on a Thursday evening!





4 comments:
Hey! I like that Koo Tree. It really makes service a visual thing. Great idea!
And mmmmm the brownies and rootbeer floats sound really yummy. I need a snack...
I love the updates. And of course the Dory moments. I can't wait to read more of them. I love you lots. Keep up the updates!!
Glad to see that your world has not changed in the last week. Running fast and hard and managing to squeeze in some fun :-). Love to all,
Mom
I just read your "Dory Moment" and I can totally relate. Matt is always telling me things about his jobs that I forget, like two minutes later, then I'll ask him what job he's doing the next day. He looks at me like I'm off my rocker sometimes. My excuse is that when you are sooooo busy, some things go in one ear and out the other so you can make room for more. :)
Post a Comment