CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Music in the Air!

I remember talking to Rita Zimmerman about how concerned I was that there was no music in our home... I had figured that we just wouldn't be one of "those kind of families". She told me not so and that in a short time I could have live music played in our home. Well this past week and a half has proven her correct. Within just a few years... which have gone past so very quickly... music is now a daily occurance.

I took this picture just because I wanted to "remember when" his feet didn't touch the floor... He seemed willing to be my subject as well...



How fortunate I am to have sooo much music in our home now. With 2 piano players, a violinist, guitarist and the "IPod"... it is almost non-stop. Seriously we love what it brings to our home and welcome the creativity my children provide.


Here is just a glimpse. Starting with a piano recital for Breck & Izaak. Breck has worked on her piece Think of Me from Phantom of the Opera for almost a year... and Izaak has ... well... we are working on him working on his pieces... hee hee. No he does really well and we love it WHEN he practices. :)





Next we enjoyed the end of the year Orchestra Concert where Brant was 1st Chair again. This was an especially great night as he was voted and given an award by his fellow classmates of "Most Valuable Player". He was completely surprised and grateful to receive this award.




AND.. 2 nights later we were off to the End of the year Choir Concert which was really fantastic. Mr. Johnson... the choir director actually had student directors which provided a lot of variety. Brant looked so handsome and it was doubly fun to see him and his good friend Carsten in the same picture...


Carsten won the Directors Award for their Choir. YEAH!!!


So.. What do I do when it is the end of the day and I am absolutely worn out? Of course, I call in Brant and ask him just to play and sing for me.


AND HE DOES!!!

Have a great day and may music bless your lives as much as it does ours!

Smiles,
Sean A'lee

4 comments:

Amy from Our Dish said...

Hi Bevells! Just found your blog today... looks great. I'm going to have to see this musical!

Erika said...

I love you entry!! I can't wait for the day when music fills my home as well. At least music that does not end with me saying "sshhh, Jake it's ok." Love you lots!!

Cheryl said...

It's great that your family is so blessed with such great talents!

Barbara Wiser said...

MAMA BEVEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey :) its carsten. Your favorite 3rd son(sometimes even more favorite than that brant kid! Hehe!) well brant said u wanted me to comment on ur blog so here I am! Unfortunatly I can't see a lot of the pictures on this cause I'm on my iPod. But I saw 2 with me in them. WOOHOO!!! You rock. K gtg get ready for my trip to big lake. Bye

Past "Koo"



May 15, 2008
No we did not steal this tree from Charlie Brown...however it does have the same sentimental value. This Tree is used in our Scout Court of Honors and is called a "Koo" Tree. The boys and leaders use this tree to hang reminders of the service they witness around them.
I love the idea of recognizing the service given to my family and what better way than having our own "Koo Korner".
The thanks I wish to give this week is to the Cub Scout and Boy Scout leaders who dedicate their time for my boys. How fortunate the Bevell Family is to have the support of so many who love and help teach our boys how to make good choices and honor their Heavenly Father. Thanks so very much... We are truly blessed because of their service.