CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 12, 2008

My Think Tank... the SHOWER!!

Yes that is right! I don't know if it is the running water or the actual time alone with no phone, computer or calls for help from my favorite JB or kids... but I definitely have more head clearing thoughts while in the shower.
Today I was reflecting on my morning with Breck & Izaak...
They were discussing missions and different languages. Breck expressed her desire to stay in the states IF she decided to go on a mission and Izaak wanted to know how missionaries could learn a new language so quickly. Was that a perfect lead in to a discussion on the blessings of the Holy Ghost or what? I took my sweet moment in time and expressed how grateful I was for the gift of the Holy Ghost with knowledge and helping us to learn faster. I encouraged them to pray before doing homework and school work and promised them the same blessing of understanding that the Holy Ghost offers to those who seek his help.
Then... as Izaak was exiting the van Breck mentioned that she really wanted to serve a sign language mission to which Izaak quickly gave her the "ok" sign. Hee hee.. I laughed and he laughed... It was fun. Breck then proceed to ask if sign language came in different languages... Again I laughed. Good question... We will have to do the research on how that works I told her.
As I considered this conversation I thought of all the times that the Holy Ghost has helped John and I with daily decisions and I became more determined to do the daily things needed to receive those blessings. I am so grateful for the Gospel and my savior Jesus Christ... without this knowledge I would be left to myself and that would truly be a disaster.. hee hee. I am so grateful and hope to always be striving to better myself and my family.
Blessings to all and goodnight.
Smiles,
Sean A'lee

4 comments:

mad white woman said...

thanks for saying hi on my blog. now i'll have to be on my best behavior, but it's my true thoughts so i'm just warning you, it's not always good. :)

about sign language... i would say ASL (american sign language) is only semi-universal. there are different forms of grammar and variations in the signs from country to country. but even ASL isn't signed with the same grammar and structure as English.

don't mind me adding your link to my blog... i'll surely be inspired by your thoughts and actions!

Jodi said...

Oh to have a free place to think! My kids still pretty much follow me around everywhere (even in the shower).

My step-mom's neice is deaf, so I do know that there are different variations of sign language. The way I communicate with her is by spelling words using the sign language alphabet. Even then I get it wrong sometimes and she laughs at me. But hey, it's a start, right?

Cheryl said...

That's neat that Breckie (sp?) is already thinking about a mission! Since I get to type the Patriarchal Blessings in our Stake, I love to hear it when a girl is especially told that she WILL serve a mission, not that she might have the opportunity. Those blessings make me cry sometimes.

Cook Zoo said...

Gee, I'm a little behind I see. :) What a great teaching moment. It's those kind of moments that are my 'paydays' as a mom. You did a good job with that. And I think well in the shower too. I actually tend to write in the shower. It's pretty fun. :)

Past "Koo"



May 15, 2008
No we did not steal this tree from Charlie Brown...however it does have the same sentimental value. This Tree is used in our Scout Court of Honors and is called a "Koo" Tree. The boys and leaders use this tree to hang reminders of the service they witness around them.
I love the idea of recognizing the service given to my family and what better way than having our own "Koo Korner".
The thanks I wish to give this week is to the Cub Scout and Boy Scout leaders who dedicate their time for my boys. How fortunate the Bevell Family is to have the support of so many who love and help teach our boys how to make good choices and honor their Heavenly Father. Thanks so very much... We are truly blessed because of their service.