Sean A'lee VS Dory
Who wins?... I forget!
Ok... So I did it again. I have many other things I had planned on writing about... but this just jumped up to number one topic of the day...
It started when Breck needed a ride to a babysitting job for the Carters. Breck has been babysitting a lot lately and loving it... and I was happy to drive her over to the Carters... I feel much compassion for young mothers who have to load 3 small boys in the car on a hot day just to go pick up the sitter.
However, I am terrible at remembering WHICH house belongs to who in the Carters neighborhood. We have TOO many members on corner lots... That's my defense to what I am about to share with you.
Knowing that I might not remember which house, I asked Breck to get the ward list so that I would have an address (lot of good that did me). And I was giving Breck some serious babysitting tips as we drove... We reached the particular neighborhood and I asked Breck for the streetname. She told me, I looked at the first street sign... nope, that's not it. Looked at the second street sign, recognized the house and said "Ok, here you go. Have a nice time." I waited for the door to open and Breck to go inside... I even saw her wave goodbye to me.
WELL... Breck called me right away.
"Hi Breck, do you need anything?"
"Well Mom, I'm at the wrong house."!!!!!!!!
OH NO...TELL ME I DIDN'T JUST DO THAT!! COULDN'T BE. I JUST READ THE SIGN.
Breck: "It's ok, Sis Evans said she would take me over to the Carters!"
Talk about embarrasing... to have another mom walk your daughter to the right babysitting job. I quickly drove back to see how I could have messed that one up...
Ok. The street name did start with the same first letter but that was about it... And I saw Lori who let her in...
She asked me "So Sean A'lee, how are you?" We just laughed and laughed. I asked her what she thought when she let Breck in? She said she was quite confused but thought maybe the young women had some project or something. Then she saw that Breck looked very confused also... They figured the whole thing out and Lori was so kind.
Thank goodness Lori has known the Bevell's for so long that I don't even think she was surprised!
Don't forget to breathe while laughing at this and PLEASE if you ever need Breck to Babysit... COME PICK HER UP! Just kidding... maybe I can get John to come with me next time. :)
Smiles,
Sean A'lee



7 comments:
Laughing with much apprehension here. Some things are inherited, but I am not fessing up to this one...... (or at least that I will remember!) And...... they say things only get better with age....... might want to consider wearing a note: "If you have no idea why I am here and I try to leave any of my children with you, please send me home. See address below. If I then look confused, please call John or my mom. :-) Love you.
Ha ha ha! HA HA! That was a good one! I always have a hard time finding the right house in that neighborhood, too. Good luck next time. :0D
You're so cute! Better luck next time!
Oh my gosh Sean A'lee! That was funny! I haven't done that one--yet. Of course, I would have to drop off grandkids or something, but who knows...I have always prided myself on my sense of direction & knowing where I was if I had been somewhere only once. BUT, things are changing & it freaks me out when I can't remember where someplace is! Thanx for the laugh!
That's great! And to make you feel better I get confused in that neighborhood too. :)
I get confused from all of the corner houses in that neighborhood as well. But that was classic! I actually do need a sitter this week, maybe I'll be giving Breck a call. I'll make sure to come pick her up though.:)
you make me feel so much better about myself! My family just rolls their eyes about some of the things I do or say. I wasn't always this way!!
Love reading your blog and getting to know your family better!!
Post a Comment